Shopping Finds - and a quick office change!

IT'S FRIDAY!! I hope everyone is doing something fabulous this weekend! Today is another edition of "Shopping Finds & Favorites", one of my favorite posts to do every week!!

If you follow me on Twitter and Instagram then you would know that I'm currently re-doing my office. I've taken the plunge on a whim and painted my office "Echo Lake" blue - a bit of a bluey-green. I first saw it as the logo color for The Glitter Guide and it always made me feel inspired. So...I painted it...I hated it (it was so obnoxious in this big space)..and now I love it! I'll be adding accents of white furniture with silver and gold accessories. Exciting!

During a stroll through Winners the other day I came across this beautiful photo frame in 3 different textures for only $7.99 and had to have one of them. It adds a bit of shine and sparkle when the light hits it and goes perfectly against the new wall color.

I also spotted a large gorgeous white porcelain vase - perfect to hold pink peonies flowers. It gives some life to the office and adds that touch of pretty. It was only $12.99!!



A favorite of mine for some time now has been re-designing my old furniture and accessories with a simple solution - spray paint. If you haven't tried it I highly recommend it. Spray paint comes in a huge array of colors / shades and also different textures / shines. I recently took an old white lamp and painted it gold (will show you soon), remade old photo frames into lovely gold fixtures and now will be turning my dingy work station table in a fab white lacquered table as well as my floating shelves!

It's cheap, simple and makes for the perfect quick fix! Have you spray -painted anything to make it new?

xoxo 

PS. Have you entered in my latest giveaway? There are 3 chances to win! Click HERE.

1 comment:

  1. Winners/HomeSense seriously always has amazing decor items. Makes me want to redecorate all the time! I love both the items you picked up :)

    xo, alison*elle

    ReplyDelete