Something old...Something new

On Monday I decided I was going to quickly cleanse my computer of all my old blog photos, documents I don't need anymore and place everything into the proper folder. "Quickly" turned into a 1.5 hour cleanse but I must say it was truly worth it! If you have the time you should do it as well because a clear space is a clear mind.



While I was "clearing my mind" I came across an old photo taken of the engagement ring Eric and I purchased from the Flea Market 1.5 years ago. I should probably make it clear that WE ARE NOT ENGAGED. On a trip to the flea market one weekend I noticed this ring and immediately fell in love with it for a few reasons. 1) It's identical to my mother's engagement ring. 2) The Vintage feel and story behind it (there are initials carved into the inside). 3) Yellow gold with a mix of white gold.

The next weekend we went back to purchase it for $120 and quickly took it to be appraised. We were ecstatic to find out it was a setting that they don't make anymore from the late 1950's early 1960's and worth almost 6 times the amount we purchased it for! However, when we get engaged I don't think we'll end up using this ring because of the negative connotations involved with the ring. There are only so many ways it got into the hands of the seller - either she passed away, got divorced, it was stolen or she lost it.

Either way I still love it, it's something old to someone else but it's something new to me!

On a side note, today is the LAST day for the photo contest by The Cross Decor & Design and the more votes the better! Please stop by THIS link and click "like" if you like it! It would be greatly appreciated!

1 comment:

  1. Wow, absolutely beautiful! I am always hoping to find something beautiful that is worth much more than I paid for it. I did have some good finds in the past, but never something as amazing as this ring.

    December Sunshine

    ReplyDelete